Monday, August 22, 2011

Mono, UGH!

Well I kind of forgot something important, in my last blog, that has been affecting me greatly these past few weeks. MONO! And no I didn't get it from kissing anyone as you could tell from my previous blog that was mostly about my love life dream hahaha. I have to be at school 40 hours a week and it is so hard! I am tired ALL the time, or I'm achy and don't feel good. So I have been missing a lot of school which means I have a lot of hours to make up. From my research about mono, 90% of the population has it! Some people have no symptoms of it at all or got it when they were babies and was passed off as the common flu. You also have it the rest of your life but I'm not sure how long I'm contagious because I've heard from multiple people that it might be a few weeks it or for the rest of your life. But I don't know, if anyone does know, let ME know!!

On the 28th of July, I noticed a large white canker sore looking thing on my soft palate near my throat. It hurt really bad but other than that I felt fine. I went to Dr.Copes office to see Dr.Christian and he said it was a virus or some kind, not strep. So I went home but then two days later I started feeling worse. I had body aches, fatigue, stomach aches, nausea, head aches, the mysterious canker sore the size of a pea, hot rashes on my body that would turn to welts, small little bruises called petechiae, and HUGE swollen lymph nodes. I went back to the Dr and he said it might be mono. Mono? Mono!?! No I don't get mono, everyone else in junior high got mono but not me and not now. Not while I'm going to school 40 hours a week! Well I got the blood test results and SURPRISE, it's mono....  I didn't want to take a steroid and so I took some herbal supplements that did help for a week but then I stopped using them and since I was feeling better I wasn't really taking it easy and now I've kind of relapsed and I'm taking those herbal supplements...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment