Monday, September 19, 2011

Nothin Special But Something Delicious!

So I made this amazing new recipe Saturday night! I had been sitting all day at school Saturday reading some magazines and found this recipe. I've found this new obsession with trying out new ideas in cooking. I am going to (hopefully!) become a wife and mother someday and I would like to cook good healthy meals that also taste GOOD for my family! It's called Eggplant Riccota Bites and you kind of have to have a mature taste and like authentic Italian. It reminded me of my days working at Settebello so that's good to think my food was restaurant quality or somewhere near it!! I used fresh garden tomatoes instead of plum tomatoes and Balsamic Vinegar instead of the Red Wine just because of preference. And by the way, red wine vinegar doesn't have an alcohol percentage so no worries if you want to us it! If you don't like eggplant, that's okay because you can hardly taste it. I have never had eggplant before this recipe and it reminded me of zucchini so maybe try zucchini instead...
***Oh! I almost forgot! My beauty tip! hmmm lets see... ever have problems with makeup not lasting all day and don't want to spend all that money on a primer? Well then, use a TONER! You can get them anywhere! They help with balancing the pH of your skin by balancing the oil production which is good if you don't want acneic skin! But! Toners have a secret benefit, they help set your makeup! I suggest the Hydrating Toner by Murad. It is very gentle and can even be put on your eye lids without stinging! (Please don't put toners with a high percentages of alcohol on your eyelid to set eye makeup... it WILL burn!!! Try using the one I reccomended or something you know for sure won't burn!) Hope that beautiful tip helps! Enjoy the recipe!***
 
Picture of Eggplant Ricotta Bites Recipe

Ingredients

Directions

Thinly slice the eggplant into rounds and season with salt. Pour some flour into a shallow dish. Beat the eggs in another dish. In a third dish, mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan. Dredge the eggplant in the flour, then dip in the eggs and coat with the breadcrumb mixture.(make sure it's in that order)
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook the eggplant until golden, about 2 minutes per side, adding more oil between batches, if necessary. Drain on paper towels and season with salt.
Toss the tomatoes with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and the vinegar in a bowl. Spoon some ricotta onto each eggplant slice. Top with the tomato mixture and basil.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I'm going to try this asap. I love reading your blog. It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had no idea people were actually reading it! hahaha but yeah try this recipe, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete