Friday, March 11, 2011

Drastic changes

I have finally given in and got my own blog! I recently had some drastic changes in my life (hence, the title) and decided to document it for everyone and for myself as a sort of journal. 
About a month ago I had some drastic changes in my life. I started my second semester at SLCC, was working as a C.N.A. at Salt Lake Regional in the ICU, and was on my way towards becoming a nurse. Becoming a nurse has been something that I’ve wanted to do for my whole life but I have had a cruel reality working at a hospital and losing all motivation at SLCC. I got a 47% on a biology test, and had to take care of a person who had been raped and a rapist on separate occasions!  I did not want to be in that kind of environment and the 12 hour shifts took its toll on me. All I wanted to do is work with babies and mothers, but I decided that I could just have my own kids one day. I also want to be around for my future family and not have to work nights, holidays, and 12 hour shifts.
            I had been praying about what I should do and I had this feeling to call a previous young woman advisor who is an aesthetician and now the president of the Skin Science Institute. She got me really interested in aesthetics and I started to consider a career in this field.  I went up to the temple and sat outside in my car while praying and reading my patriarchal blessing. It said in my blessing that I would be successful in anything I chose to do, so that’s when I knew I needed to quit school and become an aesthetician!
 I feel like I’m going forward a little blindly but I have put my trust in the lord and I know that by doing so everything will be alright. I think I’ll love to find out the science behind skin and doing facials, micro-dermabrasion, laser treatments, nails, spray on tans, waxing, and lymph node drainage or in other words massages! It will be like a slumber party everyday at school so it can’t be so bad! I start school on Monday full time and will be going to school 40 hours a week and about 7-8 months. It might seem like a lot but it's going to be like being at a spa with a little theory to learn and I’m sooo excited to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment